Followers

Sunday 7 October 2012

Landraider









The "God Hammer" pattern Landraider. A nice Heavy Support / Dedicated Transport choice to provide some accurate Lascannon fire to priority targets. Not the greatest choice to use as a transporter with this pattern, better to sit off hopefully in large cover pieces getting the benefit of AV 14 all round with cover saves. Big investment in sub 1500 pt games and there are plenty of weapons which can one shot it, sounds like a gamble? Well it can be but I find it survives most games I use it in! I understand why this is and will discuss it further in army list threads later.

This model is again an older piece I completed over a year ago, it has come to my attention that I could spend a little more time on its paintwork and improve it further.

* A small Edit by request for Dan!

Hi Dan!

Glad you like it, it took me a looong time lol!

I will gather my notes on this one and maybe do my other one, its been sat long enough. I will post photos with the colours and schemes as I go.

This starts out Black, goes Bestial Brown layer, Desert Yellow layer, Bleached Bone Layer, various applications of Devlan Mud mainly into grooves, highlight Bleached Bone, then apply a few coats of Humbrol  Cappuchino Gloss via dry brush - Radier painted!  Green is Black, Dark Angel Green, Yellow Ink Highlight, thin glaze of Badab Black.

Then I scuffed the tank with a sponge and a scrape of Citadel Tin Bitz, over that Bestial Brown followed by Bolt Gun Metal giving the Damage effects/ Weathering

I blasted the tank with 4 progressively darker weathering powders to add depth and without brushing too much off sealed the powder into the tracks with a thick brush and Army Painter Quickshade Dark (Which I also used to add oil trickles and other subtle bits!) These areas when dry received a quick final dark weathering powder coat.

Thats the bulk of it!

cheers again!

Paul

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing - do you have any notes on how you painted it and colours/mixes you used?

    Thanks

    Dan

    ReplyDelete